Parenting Class near me in Clay County Florida
Florida Parent Education and Family Stabilization Course - DCF Approved
In Clay County Florida, when filing for divorce as a parent of minor children, both parents are required to separately complete a minimum of 4 hour parenting class, titled the Florida Parent Education and Family Stabilization Course, which has been approved by the Department of Children and Families. Clay County parents of minor children can complete the Florida Parent Education and Family Stabilization Course when it's convenient for their schedule. The goal of the Florida Parent Education and Family Stabilization Course is to educate parents about changes that may occur in your family and child's life, and to provide resources to get help if needed. Each parent is required to take the course separately.
As parents, naturally you want what is best for your child, to enhance your child's life and maintain peace and stability for your child or children. The goal of our Florida Parenting course is to assist you through education to better communicate with your child's other parent to reduce friction, and provide means to reduce stress when it comes to continuing to coparent. For your convenience, we have provided the following information for those of you that require additional assistance with your divorce.
* Court requirements regarding parenting class attendance may change. Please review your Court Paperwork to ensure that attending an in person parenting course is NOT required prior to signing up.
825 North Orange Ave.
Green Cove Springs, FL32043
The following is a list of resources available to Clay County and the State of Florida victims of Domestic Violence and Abuse.
- In the Event of an Emergency call: 911
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- National Child Abuse Hotline
- National Sexual Assault Hotline
- National Resource Center on Domestic Violence
- Childhelp USA
- Domestic Violence Initiative
- Deaf Abused Women’s Network (DAWN)
- INCITE! Women of Color Against Violence
- Casa de Esperanza
- National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
- National Organization for Men Against Sexism (NOMAS)
- A Call to Men
- Men Can Stop Rape
- Men Stopping Violence
Many individuals struggle with mental health on a reocurring basis. If you or someone you know is in need of help, the following list of resources are a great place to start.
If you or someone you know is in need of substance abuse help, please visit the following resources for information.